TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend totaled his 00 eclipse and actually is looking a a 98 lincoln continental. I can't find any mark VII's in the area. Any way we found a 98 with about a little over 42K miles on it for about 12,9xx. Around there give or take about a thousand. It was clean as can be in the inside and the trunk is also clean. I popped the hood and I was suprised I could almost eat off the engine. Well if anyone thinks this is a good deal let me know what you think. I think it is. ALso if anyone knows any prpblems these develop also let me know thank you very much. I can be reached at [email protected].

Nick in St.Louis

·
Registered
859 Posts
That seams pretty reasonable for the age and mileage. The 97+ ones didn't really have any comon problems. They are absolutely wonderful cars. I've got one sitting on our lot here in Nebraksa that is a 1996 with 58K. I'm going to be asking $11,995 on it, and it is also extremely clean and well taken care of. Tell your freind to go and offer $11,000, and buy it for $11,750 or so? Good luck.

Thomas

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
The Conti is a Taurus with even more heavy stuff added to the chassis.

·
Registered
859 Posts
The Conti is a Taurus with even more heavy stuff added to the chassis.
BLAH!

Thomas

·
8,239 Posts
I was going to say the same thing as Shadow was. Every time I see one all I can think of is that it is nothing more than a loaded taurus. I would stay away from a conti like the plague, and if I bought a lincoln it would be either a mark (most likely), or a town car.

JH

·
Registered
859 Posts
Okay, Okay. So it wouldn't be my first choice if I were going to buy a Lincoln. But it's still a nice car. Hrrmmm....... let's see, I would have to go with a 2002 LS V8 Sport Premium, then a 1998 Mark VIII LSC, then a 2002 Collector's Edition Continental, then a 2003 Town Car Cartier. That new Town Car is freaking amazing! Lincoln did a very, very nice job with that car.

Thomas

1 - 7 of 7 Posts