TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Stroked and Blown
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seen a movie last night called "Sometimes They Come back..Again" (1996 movie) What kind of car was it that the evil demon greasers drove? It was black with suicide doors...looked like maybe a late 1960's Mercury Cougar? I've searched the web and can't find anything. I know the first movie "Sometimes They Come Back" (1991 movie) it was a black '55 Chevy with flames on the side, but what kind of car was in the sequal? Thanks

·
Stroked and Blown
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn, thats cool. I tryed pausing it (i have the DVR box) to try and see if it said anything on it...logos, words, etc and it didnt. Thats a nice looking car. Even in the movie Christine, it never says its a 1958 Plymouth Fury, you never see logos or words on the car.

·
Super Moderator
11,920 Posts
Edit: Ok, I guess this is the original movie. Matt beat me to it. I don't have full internet access with a decent high speed connection here. So, I'm working with a handycap. lol :tongue:

It might already be listed in the Tbird's in TV and Movies thread... ?

This car? I believe it's a '55 Chevy.

·
Super Moderator
16,826 Posts
Damn, thats cool. I tryed pausing it (i have the DVR box) to try and see if it said anything on it...logos, words, etc and it didnt. Thats a nice looking car. Even in the movie Christine, it never says its a 1958 Plymouth Fury, you never see logos or words on the car.
Not to be "that guy" but Christine is mentioned to be a Fury in the book:tongue:

Although it's also said to be a 4 door in the book as well, which the Fury never was. Nor was any 58 Fury made in red for that matter.

Edit: Ok, I guess this is the original movie. Matt beat me to it. I don't have full internet access with a decent high speed connection here. So, I'm working with a handycap. lol :tongue:

It might already be listed in the Tbird's in TV and Movies thread... ?

This car? I believe it's a '55 Chevy.
Connection or not, you could have at least read the full first post :facepalm::tongue:

I know the first movie "Sometimes They Come Back" (1991 movie) it was a black '55 Chevy with flames on the side, but what kind of car was in the sequal? Thanks

·
Stroked and Blown
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not to be "that guy" but Christine is mentioned to be a Fury in the book:tongue:

Although it's also said to be a 4 door in the book as well, which the Fury never was. Nor was any 58 Fury made in red for that matter.
I know...seen the movie 50 times lol and read the book twice. The 58 Fury was a limited low production performance Plymouth yrs 56-58 and only offered in beige and white. Most cars used in the movie (about 16 of them) were Belvederes. The Fury models also had the 150mph speedo...something unheard of then except in Vettes and European sports cars.;) Although in book, she only has a 120 speedo. (Stephen King didnt know much about classic cars) lol

·
Super Moderator
11,920 Posts

Connection or not, you could have at least read the full first post :facepalm::tongue:
lol

Yea, I missed that in the OP. Anyway ...

Ok, you know your cars-in-horror-movies better than I'd ever want to.... :bowdown:

I'll give ya that . :tongue:

·
̇
3,702 Posts
I never really cared for the 4-door Thunderbirds, but the 67 does have some sexy lines for a 4 door salooooon.. :D

You can't forget about the suicide doors either..

Rayo..

·
Registered
3,726 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
According to Christine's trim she is most likely a Belevadere as her grille and aluminum side trim is anodized silver rather than the gold used on the Fury. Also, Fury's for 1958 only came in buckskin beige (eggshell white for 56-57 model years) where Belevadere's had a more abundant array of colour options. In the novel, itself, Stephen King states that the car is a 4 door- no 4 door 1958 Fury's exist. It's a few of many small, trivial details overlooked by the author and subsequent film production.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I heard Christine was actually Steven Kings personal car and he wanted to use it for the movie, not sure how true it was, but there was a similar car maybe the same one featured in Riding the Bullit also by Stephen King. The other bonus to watching Christine if you love vintage Mopars is the 68 Charger.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
I'll take your word for it, I haven't caught that movie in it's entirety with that opening scene in 20 years :tongue:
You watched it when you were 5? :eek:

I can't even remember when I watched that movie, but I used to own it on VHS before I donated my entire VHS collection of 850 movies to a local library years ago!

It sure would be cool to own one of those old Fury's, wouldn't it Matt?

Oh, and I believe that was a '55 Chevy in that "Sometimes They Come Back" movie (I used to own that one too - movie, not car lol).

·
Super Moderator
16,826 Posts
Yep, first saw it when I was in kindergarten or first grade, still have the VHS I recorded it on, littered with awesome 1993 commercials. I never tolerated pandering kiddie movies like most kids did. :tongue:

Wouldn't mind owning a Forward look Mopar but would not like finding and restoring one. Those were bad bad rusters, even by Mopar standards.

·
Super Moderator
4,901 Posts

·
Lightly Seasoned
717 Posts
I was there when they blew up the gas station, I lived in Valencia, Ca at the time.Everybody in the city was excited because we thought we where getting a gas station in a much needed part of town, Nobody was told it was for a movie, One night we heard something was going on at the new gas station, Me and my buddies went there and that's when they filmed that scene.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts