TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i did the front (piece of cake, took like 5 min)....however, i want the corner lamp to go completely off when the inside light flashes....is using a relay the only way to do this?

and for the back....when u do it as per the tech articles, the led panels will turn off when u break. Can u make it so the panels gert brighter when u break an the corner lamps go off?

·
Registered
95 Posts
SR-71Blackbird said:
when u do it as per the tech articles, the led panels will turn off when u break. Can u make it so the panels gert brighter when u break an the corner lamps go off?
Not sure I'd want that. Those LED's aren't very bright and are hardly visible if at all during the day. Any driving during a brighter rainy day would be a little dangerous...

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just assumed they were being underpowered

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
led's are usually brighter than regular bulbs.....i'm gunna try to get an extra tailight so i can play around with it

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
i put led's in the inner front parking lights and with the alternate flashing lights they light up 100% instead of appearing dim. its all about current people, led's take less to light up.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have led's in the inner parking lights too......what i wanted to know is if the tailight led's can go brighter?

btw ur HID's look great:thumbsup:

·
Street Freekz
754 Posts
SR-71Blackbird said:
...and for the back....when u do it as per the tech articles, the led panels will turn off when u break. Can u make it so the panels gert brighter when u break an the corner lamps go off?
That sounds like it would be dangerous to do...

I have LED bulbs in place of most of my filament bulbs. Here's what I have:

Front sidemarker/front turn signal : #3157 amber w/ 32 LED's (8 radial firing & 24 forward-firing)
Inner park lamp : #3157 red w/ 12 LED's (forward-firing)
License plate : #194 super blue w/ 1 high-power LED
Back up lights : #3156 HID white w/ 32 LED's (8 radial firing & 24 forward-firing)
Rear sidemarker/tail lights : #3157 red w/ 32 LED's (8 radial firing & 24 forward-firing)
High mount stop light : #921 super red w/ 9 LED's (forward-firing)
Trunk/Cargo area light : #912 super blue w/ 9 LED's (forward firing)
Step/Courtesy light (on doors) : #194 super blue w/ 5 LED's (4 radial firing & 1 forward-firing)
Step/Courtesy light (under dash) : #194 super green w/ 5 LED's (4 radial firing & 1 forward-firing)
Dome light : Removed all 3 bulbs then re-installed the dome light housing w/o any bulbs.

Since a few cats seem to have a reddish glow to their eye's at night sometimes I thought that mine should as well (Yes, they are illegal but I haven't had anything said to me by the police in the 1.5 years they've been installed and I only took the LED's out of the corner lights to see what it looked like w/o any other lights on). I know it sounds weird. It helps to make my Cat different from everyone else's. Here's a few pics of the inner parking lamps: :D

Flash on camera turned off

Flash on camera turned on

I know its not exactly what this thread was for but I posted it anyways incase someone ever wanted to know the kind of LED bulbs some of us have used...

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya i'm slowly changing all mine over to led

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
96_Cougar said:
That sounds like it would be dangerous to do...

I have LED bulbs in place of most of my filament bulbs. Here's what I have:

Front sidemarker/front turn signal : #3157 amber w/ 32 LED's (8 radial firing & 24 forward-firing)
Inner park lamp : #3157 red w/ 12 LED's (forward-firing)
License plate : #194 super blue w/ 1 high-power LED
Back up lights : #3156 HID white w/ 32 LED's (8 radial firing & 24 forward-firing)
Rear sidemarker/tail lights : #3157 red w/ 32 LED's (8 radial firing & 24 forward-firing)
High mount stop light : #921 super red w/ 9 LED's (forward-firing)
Trunk/Cargo area light : #912 super blue w/ 9 LED's (forward firing)
Step/Courtesy light (on doors) : #194 super blue w/ 5 LED's (4 radial firing & 1 forward-firing)
Step/Courtesy light (under dash) : #194 super green w/ 5 LED's (4 radial firing & 1 forward-firing)
Dome light : Removed all 3 bulbs then re-installed the dome light housing w/o any bulbs.
wow and i thought i was weird for putting 50 leds in my gauge cluster lol

·
Street Freekz
754 Posts
Domesticbird said:
wow and i thought i was weird for putting 50 leds in my gauge cluster lol
I’ll take that as a compliment lol :D :D

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I am not sure if this is what you are talking about but if you want your directional and the light on the inside of the headlight(by the grill) all you really need to do is run ground to the posotive of the directional, or the power to the ground of the directional, I know its one of the 2 lol I was going to do this on my explorer but never ended up doing it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts