TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im planing on getting a chip from Dennis and I am wondering if there is any point in getting the "elctronic shift improver kit" from B&M after I get the chip or if the chip from Dennis would already do what the B&M kit does for the shifts??

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
Dont get it.....

Whatever you do dont get it.Once you have the chip in you wont need it.I have a chip in from Dennis and it shifts really hard now.My car is stock except for the chip and exhaust and I hit second it breaks them loose with 275-40-17s in the back.You just will need the chip.Tell him that you want it to ship hard and he will make it shift hard.Nothing more to do,just plug and go play.
Chris

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks fer the quick answer

Thanks for the info. I figured the chip from Dennis would take care of my shifts, but I asked anyway.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
If you haven't already.....

megabe said:
Thanks for the info. I figured the chip from Dennis would take care of my shifts, but I asked anyway.
do the J-Mods as outlined in Jerry's tech article. Those and
the Dennis chip (along with a tranny cooler and Mercon V) and
you'll be in great shape....

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
I heard that the B&M thing will kill your tranny quicker than a shotgun in your eye. It raises the line perssure beyond what the components can handle and I've heard of a case where it killed a guys fresh tranny, he sued, and won. Simply put, stay away from that electronic shift kit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts