TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was poking around getting ideas for my car's exhaust system and decided to look into a mid-mounted magnaflow mounted where the 3rd cat is now. My question is, can a shop legally do this? I was under the impression that you couldn't remove emissions control equipment from a car, and would doing this affect the car's ability to pass emissions? the state in question is PA. any insight on this would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
694 Posts
Yea, I had mine done with cash and NO receipt needed. I'm in IN, but we still have laws against Cat removal. But we have no emission testing here.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Same here. The shop agreed to remove the third cat and do what I asked them to (that in itself was a task, the owner kept saying "No custom work", the guy who does it said come back later. :D )

Anyway, they agreed to remove the third cat, but wouldn't touch the first two. maybe they thought they wouldn't get in as much trouble or something.

·
Registered
814 Posts
By law the EPA cannot visit a shop before or after it is closed, hence the after hours question. So no need wondering who is gonna roll up. The no receipt is so you the buyer has no paper trail for the transaction.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts