TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am curious to know if anyone has ever straightpiped a 4.6L Bird or has any info on doing so. I am going to hollow out the two small cats, bend and run 2.5 duals all the way to the back of the car into 4x24 tips. nothing on them at all. anyone know if it will make the car run ****ty by doing so?? will i be getting as much of a HP increase as the catback and other various exhaust systems you can buy? i cut out all the cats, resonator, and mufflers off of one, and it ran fine, totally unrestricted and sounded killer. whatever info anyone can shoot me will be greatly appreciated.

Kron
[email protected]

·
Registered
244 Posts
man. when i was putttin on my dynomax system last year, i drove the car around the block before putting on the mufflers. it was waaayyyy too loud for me. you could not hear when wot. i'd suggest putting some mufflers on, you'd probably see a performance increase anyway.

·
Registered
621 Posts
GlockDemise420 said:
i am curious to know if anyone has ever straightpiped a 4.6L Bird or has any info on doing so. I am going to hollow out the two small cats, bend and run 2.5 duals all the way to the back of the car into 4x24 tips. nothing on them at all. anyone know if it will make the car run ****ty by doing so?? will i be getting as much of a HP increase as the catback and other various exhaust systems you can buy? i cut out all the cats, resonator, and mufflers off of one, and it ran fine, totally unrestricted and sounded killer. whatever info anyone can shoot me will be greatly appreciated.

Kron
[email protected]
Putting just plain straight pipes, no cats, and a tip will KILL your torque. If I were you, I'd just either leave it alone, or go with true duals. Although, true dual exaust doesn't help nearly as much as if it were on a car with Pi heads.

If you were to go with true duals, have it custom made from a local muffler shop, that does mandrel bending. It shouldn't be more than $600 with mufflers, unless you get some rip off Borla mufflers. You can also replace your cat's with some high flow ones, so you still have a little bit of backpressure, while still being a slight tree hugger and you'll be able to pass smog. (unless you live in CA)

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
You will lose some low-end, but gain 10-15hp top end.

·
Registered
15 Posts
hey glock,

i live in anniston, al. a guy put my true dual exhaust on with an x-pipe and flowmaster series 40 mufflers on down here for $300.

if you pay 600 your crazy. if you wanna stay in huntsville to do it go to deltal muffler and brake on south parkway.

·
Registered
230 Posts
$300???

95 LX V8 said:
hey glock,

i live in anniston, al. a guy put my true dual exhaust on with an x-pipe and flowmaster series 40 mufflers on down here for $300.

if you pay 600 your crazy. if you wanna stay in huntsville to do it go to deltal muffler and brake on south parkway.
Is your system mandrel bent, or did they use compression bends? $600 is about right to get a mandrel bent system. If you use compression bends, then it is a lot cheaper.

·
Automatic Weapon
1,219 Posts
95 LX V8 said:
hey glock,

Wow, that is the cheapest I have ever seen duals put on, especially including mufflers.
Got pics?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Big-Al said:

Wow, that is the cheapest I have ever seen duals put on, especially including mufflers.
Got pics?
I only paid $175 for my true duals. They are compression bends, and the guy cut out the third cat and the resonator. I bought Dynomax mufflers, and out the door I was less than $250. Again though they were compression bends.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts