TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read on the MAC site that you loose HP and Tourque when you place your filter directly on the MAF housing without any distance between the two.

anyone know if this is true? I have my cone in the engine bay with my heatshield blocking almost all the hot air possible and I also have the outside air piped in to the underside of the airbox location feeding cooler air to the cone.

was curious if the fenderwell install provides any better results or if they were just
bullshipping people.

Mike

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
MZ-Bird said:
I read on the MAC site that you loose HP and Tourque when you place your filter directly on the MAF housing without any distance between the two.

anyone know if this is true? I have my cone in the engine bay with my heatshield blocking almost all the hot air possible and I also have the outside air piped in to the underside of the airbox location feeding cooler air to the cone.

was curious if the fenderwell install provides any better results or if they were just
bullshipping people.

Mike
it is true. however, the fenderwell is a bad place for a filter. makes it hard to get to. No one has proven a cone filter is better than a panel, and no one has proven that a K&N is better than a paper filter.

to keep your MAF readings correct, use it with the airbox it was designed for use with.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
keep my stock airbox

So what am I loosing by not using the stock airbox?

I guess I should say what benefit do I get by using the stock airbox? I have a cone and a heatshield around it. also have the cooler air piped in to the original airbox area.

I am thinking of putting the stock box back in but having the cooler air still pumped in from below.

I am really against having my filter in the fenderwell becasue of dirt and water.

I am looking for opinions on airbox or no airbox.

thanks,
Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts