TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any headers for a 97' 4.6 Bird other than the JBA's? I don't care if they are smog/emmissions legal since my car is seasonal. Also, what's the best setup for exhaust if my car is seasonal. Should I have 2 cats and 2 mufflers, no cats, or what?
Thanks

·
Registered
230 Posts
I think...

...That you would be better off spending your money on something else other than headers, unless you are going with a SC. If you are going to just go with bolt ons, then the headers will not give you that much gain, and they are a major PITA! Right now I am running two cats into true duals and two Flowmaster 40's. I get good sound, and the flow is sufficient for the HP that I am making.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Whenever I get around to doing my engine work I'm goin with porting the stock manifolds-screw JBA. They crack easily and are WWAAAAYYYY over priced ($600 for a pair of shorties, come one; I can buy 3 sets of 'Stange headers for that). I think they know they are the only ones who make headers for our cars, so there is no competition, and they can make the price basically whatever they want. Sorry. I'm smarter than that. No, really, I am, JBA.

Pat

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
custom fabrication of headers is possible, but not cheap.

Headers are not worth it unless you have a supercharger or major headwork (porting, PI heads, SVO heads).

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I was thinking of having the stock ones ported. I hear that can do about as much as new headers, but for a lot less (around $75 if I take them off). Midas here chargers by the foot for custom exhaust, does anyone think that would be a good route to go, or should I get a system from somewhere?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts