TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i just took off my hood linner and i told my friend about it and he said "put it back on unless you want your paint to bubble up" so now im worried i went outside and the garbage man took the hood linner already, should i worry about this or did ford make there paints temperature resistance, i just got my hood painted by ford also, and i live in Miami, Florida, should i buy one and put it back on?????? i took it off to put stickers inside on the hood, b/c that black hood linner was nasty.

Marvin M.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Ask Seabass, I know for a fact he doesn't have hood liner.

·
Registered
467 Posts
ooooooooo boy.....

this is not true...im sure it can happen but thats if you let your engine get around the H part...and when its standing still...(i hope no one does this)

i've had mine off sicne god knows when and nothign is bothering mine...

i know guys who have race cars for 5 years and not have any problems...

i guess they just put them on there to hid teh dirty black spots that could form from burning oil or something...i dont know..

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
The only instance I know of the hood paint bubbling because of engine heat is on turbo engines that have the turbo mounted high and up front. Namely, the Buick Grand Nationals. If you take your hood insulator off those cars and don't run a turbo heat shield, say goodbye to your hood paint. Otherwise you should be peachy keen to run without one. :)

It can also make your car louder, running without a hood liner. Because its there for not only heat, but noise as well. It'll make all your intake sounds a lot louder

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Tha actual purpose of the hood liner is to protect the car from an engine fire, at least long enough for you to stop and get out of the car. The insulation properties of the material used in the liner are not very high, and while it will provide some heat protection, it doesn't make that much of a difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts