TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies and gentlemen,

I have a 1995 T-Bird with a 3.8 V-6. When I turn the ignition switch to the on position the dash lights and accessories come on. When I try to start the car the lights go out, but the starter does turn. I do not hear the solenoid click either.

A few days ago I used a battery charger to activate the starter solenoid and the car started. I left the igniton switch on while I did this. This problem occured after I re-installed the factory stereo. My question is did I possibly pull a wire that connects the switch to the solenoid or did the switch go bad? I am guessing the switch is fine because everything else on the car does what it is supposed to when the key is turned on.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Craig

·
Registered
680 Posts
I tend to think that the stereo going back in and the car starting are separate issues that happened at the same time by coincidence. I would try to start your car again and listen for any possible noise. If there is no noise whatsoever or it just gives a little click or clunk, I would check my battery cables for corrosion or looseness.

Stephen

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried to find the problem today with no luck. When I turn the key the fuel pump runs and accessories come on, including the radio. No noise from the solenoid. The battery is charged. If Iput power to the solenoid to make it work the car will start. I just cannot start it with the key. :(

Thanks for replying.

Craig

1 - 3 of 3 Posts