TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking to add ARC onto my 95 N/A so this is kinda directed at the guys with SCs. I thought tokico made some shocks to lower the 95 SCs with stock adjustable ride control so I was wondering if anybody's had them, knows anything about them, amount of drop, who else makes some, etc. TIA!

·
Registered
477 Posts
They make a two way adjustable shock and they supply springs which decides you ride height. I beleive they offer 1.5 drop in the front & 2.0 in the rear but I'm not sure. Any ways the Tokico's are they only ones that will work with the ARC system. And you can go with any spring height that you want as long as it will fit on your shocks.

·
Sweet T
3,452 Posts
Why go through the trouble of adding ARC to your car? There really doesn't seem to be anything special about it. The SC's more responsive handling and better cornering seem to come from other improvements (swaybars, stiffer springs/shocks, etc). The ARC system seems more like a gaget than a useful "system."

·
Registered
477 Posts
I agree, there are shocks out there with more then two way adjustable. The only down side is you can't adjust them in the car. But you save time, weight and money compared to ARC system.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
the ARC system is much more than just adjusting the shocks.....the ARC uses a photoelectric shutter on the steering to engage FIRM at a certain steering degree and inertial sensors to work with the ARC also. Seems like a fun little wiring job to put in a set of shocks that will cost a pretty penny to replace and if you get the Tokico's have fun replacing them soon as they are quite prone to leak.

joseph

1 - 5 of 5 Posts