TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see everyone posting about getting a hydraulic setup from a SC, and that being the hardest part to get. So my question is, why doesn't anyone run a cable operated clutch? Wouldn't it be simpler overall? The reason I ask is I have a 1999 Mustang GT with a T-45 and it runs a cable clutch. I don't find it overly stiff, so just curious why hunt down all those extra pieces?

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the answers. I have been looking into this assuming I get another Thunderbird, I see the 05+ TR3650's have a stock "remote mount" shift that lines up well with the shifter location in the car.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah in that case then you'll need to go hydraulic anyway since there's no clutch fork provisions in the 05+ trans.
Good to know, thanks.

·
Registered
140 Posts
So the TR3650 shifter location lines up with the thunderbirds auto location?

·
Super Moderator
7,551 Posts
So the TR3650 shifter location lines up with the thunderbirds auto location?
Yes, as long as it is from an 05+ Mustang. The 99-04 TR3650 still has the same shifter location as the T5/T45.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a mustang pedals and cable on my tbird
I couldn't locate a SC set up so I made my own from a sn95 mustang pedals.
It was involved but works great.
I had wrecked 2001 and 1997 GT mustangs and used all the parts I could from them. I used the 1997 GT's brain as well with the PATS too.

thatglockguy

·
Super Moderator
7,551 Posts
I would like to see pics of how you made the mustang pedals work. In the last 10 years on this site, you are only the 3rd person to claim to have a Mustang clutch pedal working in a tbird, and nobody has posted pictures, or even a detailed description of how they did it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
mustang peds

Sure I can send them to you
however, I am new the site and I can post until I have 30 replies. I can send them to you via email if you like.
Also I don't know how to do pics here either. lol
thatglockguy

·
Registered
60 Posts
mustang peds again

I haven't done the SC ped conversion because I didn't have any. So I made my own. Still, the easiest mod, and I say that just from what others say cause I never done a SC conversion, that the SC would be the easiest.
You know I can say that the mustang conversion is easier or harder, that is from your stand point, I just think it was different. The big plus is using the clutch cable, once the peds were in the finish up was fast.
I like the cable. That firewall and getting by the booster was a *****. Firewall isn't flat as a mustang. The cool part was using the 97 mustang brain. I didn't have the funs to get a tune. Kinda ran ok with the tbird auto brain but it would die every now and again. lol
The pats system was a challenge. I didn't know the mustang had one and for months I ran the tbird brain. Then by chance I was looking in a mustang wiring manual and ran across the PATS system! Say what???
What is that???
Them it became clear, oh yea.
So put in a pats system. hehehehehhehe
thatglockguy
Oh yea, like the mustang peds they look cool

·
Super Moderator
7,551 Posts
Email them to [email protected], and I'll post them up. On my first 5-speed swap, I really tried to make the Mustang pedals work, but after several hours of looking, measuring, and cutting, I gave up. I still wouldn't use the Mustang pedals on another swap, but I am curious how you made it work.

·
Super Moderator
7,551 Posts
That is the right email address, but I didn't see it come through. If that doesn't work, you can also try [email protected]

·
Registered
206 Posts
hi fellas
may i ask what transmission are you guys talking about?? : t5 ,t45 or is there a chance for the m5r2 to run it on a cable??? which i would take any day over hydraulic
a short update would be appreciated

so long
hoschy

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
The T5 and T45 are both designed for cable clutches with a fork, the M5R2 will only work with a hydraulic clutch.
Well, you know ... anything can be made, possibly. With the right tools, and experice, but then they wouldnt be asking the question here in the first place right ?? I heard there is this guy on these forums who is making one out of titanium or something, we should ask him. >:)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts