TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wassup everyone..im new to this site..this place is very fukin useful lol..
but yea,i own a 95 bird and im looking to do a paint job on it..this will be my
1st attempt..atleast at primying and wat not..i just order'd royal blue flake paint off of ebay from house of kolors or sumthin..but im lookin on tips for what kinda clear coat and primer to purchase..any insight is great...also..i dono if u guys have seen some of the cars that have like stamp designs all around the paint..
but im trying to find a place to look up this cause im thinking of getting the "NY" stamp through out the car...well..thanks and good looking out in advance..
hope i can get sum help!

·
Registered
493 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
remember not to use anything in a spraycan. high build primer is for sealing and leveling bodywork, thats all. and it needs to come out of a gun. dont go dousing the whole car in primer for no reason. also make sure you have the right tools for the job. those include a large compressor, a paint gun, and a palm da and a whole lot more. as for clear, try to find a cheap "overall" clear like Matrix, 5-Star, or Nason. stay away from anything that says "panel" clear. doesnt have to be dupont or ppg or anything like that. heres a good place to start to get everything you need.
www.smartshoppersinc.com

I do this for a living and my best advise is dont start sanding until youre ready to spray that day with all youre supplies at the ready. get all your ***** together, then start.

·
Registered
708 Posts
ok. you were asking bout those "stamps" in the paint. what you do is spray the first color, the logo color, then apply a low tack vinyl logo. you go to the sign shop to get this stuff cut and made. then with logos in place, spray the cars main color. remove vinyl and clear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts