TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What razors do you guys use...just kidding

I have a 95, I just put on the McK kit and just got my Cobra hood from age classic. I was thinking of "shaving" the side moulding off the car. I believe it is just double faced taped on (the automotive stuff). I dont think it is clipped. . . Has anyone done this? Also, if it is just taped, that tape is real strong. . . how the $%#* can you pull it off without damaging (denting and prying) it off the body? I also want to take the V8 emblems off. . . for now.

Please help!

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Goo-gone, a plastic razor blade, and an entire afternoon. I've heard wd-40 works too.

you may find that the paint under the moulding is not as faded as the the rest of the car.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Its just double sided tape, but its pretty sticky. The moldings will pull off without damaging your car once you get them started ( I used a flathead screwdriver and my hand for leverage to lift the molding from where the door and body meets without actually touching the door ) .. it'll just take a long time to get the rest of the tape off. It looks good when you finish tho, we did it to both of our Tbirds.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
GreenBird said:
Goo-gone, a plastic razor blade, and an entire afternoon.
As for the car moulding that's another story. :tongue:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey I use the Mach 3 Turbo and edge gel too. . . . . . . . thanks for the help. I think I will begin the shaving the moldings on Wed.... I am putting my hood on then too

·
Registered
20 Posts
heat gun and wd-40. keep the gun far away though, dont wanna brun your paint.
its only double sided tape and should come off pretty easy once warmed up. i wouldnt use goo gone though, that stuff is really hard on paint and can damage it. spend some money and get 3m adhesive remover (best stuff in the world) or wd-40

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Fishing string. The nylon stuff, it cuts tape good. Brother used some paint thinner to take off the special edition pinsriping off the bottom of the car. Should work on the tape too.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've heard that edge pro gel can ruin your paint.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts