TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, quick question, if i swap in 3.73's, i was reading the technical articles and it said you would need a speedo gear to correct the speedometer. if you had a chip or tuner couldntt that correct the speedo?? or would u still need a new gear to correct it? :confused:

·
Registered
871 Posts
You need the new gear to correct it, since the speedo is not electronic (err not controlled by the chip anyways).

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is the gear easy to get at and replace? could anybody give me directions on how to replace it?? and where i could buy it?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I got mine from Steeda, but you should be able to get it through any Ford dealer. I believe you want the purple gear, which is part # D0OZ-B.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, and there is a differnt gear for each gear ratio right? 3.72, 3.55, 3.73, and so on....

·
The Parts Guy
7,359 Posts
Franky-5-Fingaz said:
is the gear easy to get at and replace? could anybody give me directions on how to replace it?? and where i could buy it?
It takes about 5 minutes to change once you're under the car. It's located at the tailshaft of the transmission, and is held in with one bolt.

-Rod

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
if you want to see the locatoin, check my transmission pictures sticky thread in this forum.. nice pic of it for you... one bolt to remove the gear

from a stock 3.27 to 3.73 gear change, you need the gear to correct yoru speedo, your EEC can compensate for the shift points up to 3.73's, anything more than 2 steps and you would need a chip or reburn so you wouldn't be hitting the rev limiter when you are goosing it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts