TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was having my exhaust done I noticed the end-links on my rear sway bar was metal to metal where they connect to the rear.Is that right?The end link came up,had the eyelet with the bolt goin through but no rubber gromment on it.I thought there should be something there to reduce the noise or something,am I right?Is mine missing it?
Thanks,
Chris

·
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks....

GreenBird said:
I will have to go get them tomorrow.I might just make some out of poly or something.Can I buy just the bushings?
Thanks again,
Chris

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
Save up a bit more $$$ and get the 1.25" rear bar directly from ADDCO with your Membership Number. You'll love the difference in handling.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Sir William said:
Save up a bit more $$$ and get the 1.25" rear bar directly from ADDCO with your Membership Number. You'll love the difference in handling.
No offense, but did you even read the post?

·
Premium Member
8,239 Posts
I just did endlinks in my car all the way around. All four were metal to metal on my 95 which has 65k miles. The fronts were about 40 each, and the rears were about 25 each. Not a real tough job to do.

JH

·
Registered
477 Posts
okc...

SW was just telling him to save his money and not do the bushing mod now, cause it won't kill him to wait a month to order the new sway bar, which comes with bushings also. Trust me, he knows what he's talking about.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Re: okc...

wannabesvt said:
SW was just telling him to save his money and not do the bushing mod now, cause it won't kill him to wait a month to order the new sway bar, which comes with bushings also. Trust me, he knows what he's talking about.
Those endlinks are dirt cheap, a new bar is around $125 + shipping, I think the endlinks might run you $7 to $10 if that.

·
Premium Member
8,239 Posts
Re: Re: okc...

The cheapest I could find was 20 bucks each for the back, and 40 bucks each for the front.

I thought they were cheap, but I guess not.

JH

okcbird said:

Those endlinks are dirt cheap, a new bar is around $125 + shipping, I think the endlinks might run you $7 to $10 if that.

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
Re: Re: Re: okc...

JustinH said:
The cheapest I could find was 20 bucks each for the back, and 40 bucks each for the front.

I thought they were cheap, but I guess not.

JH

You can also go to Autozone,and pick up Energy suspension's endlink bushings for $10.
Part number.. 9.8105RC

JL

·
Premium Member
8,239 Posts
Sorry fellas, I bought the whole endlink all the way around. All four of mine were broken at 65k miles. I was wondering if i was getting ripped off for a second there, but you guys were just buying the bushings, not the endlink.

JH

okcbird said:
Exactly. I knew they weren't more than $10.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Or...

instead of just replacing the bushings or whatever the hell it is, just go with a new swaybar. It may cost more (no f#ck!n sh!t) but you will get better handling. "Pay a little more now, or pay a lot later." Ever heard that? He may be wishing that he had that bigger ASB when he slides it around a corner and t-bones a tree or something. Damn. I feel like I'm explaining this stuff to my girlfriend.

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
To me, spending the money on new endlinks/bushings without upgrading the swaybar is like building up a full race 4.6 that'll be running 12psi boost plus a 250 shot of nitrous....and buying new non-forged hyperutectic pistons from your loacl Ford dealer. How much sense does that make?

·
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was just wondering......

AverageJoe said:
To me, spending the money on new endlinks/bushings without upgrading the swaybar is like building up a full race 4.6 that'll be running 12psi boost plus a 250 shot of nitrous....and buying new non-forged hyperutectic pistons from your loacl Ford dealer. How much sense does that make?
I was just wondering about the bushimgs.I would pay the $10 to get the clunking stopped.It is really annoying and I always thought it was comimg from my pumpkin but is still doing it with the 4:10s and poly bushings for the rear.
I might be upgrading to the bigger sway bar later but I just want to get the clunking stopped for now.
Thanks everyone,
Chris

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Well, that works too...

·
Registered
477 Posts
Thanks, AverageJoe.

LX-Tasy, I was just giving you a heads-up. I agree, it's annoying, but it would just help you in the long-run to get a new sway-bar. That way, you can replace it all and it would be almost like a brand-new car (well, at least some of the rear suspension would feel better). Just my $.02 (laugh if you must).

Pat

·
Registered
477 Posts
Oh, and AJ...

BTW, did you ever get a new time at the track? Just wondering.

Pat

1 - 20 of 26 Posts