TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I take the wheel off to put it back on after I remove the air resonator, do I have to torque the lug nuts back on? Or just tighten it? Please let me know.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Litning said:
I never took off my wheel???

If you do, torque it down, don't just wrench down on it
meaning tighten it, but don't overkill it?

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
there are torque specs for them but i have never torqued lug nuts. i always tightnen them in a star patter and "snug them up".

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Use a torque wrench and tighten them between 90 and 100 ft. lbs. There are reasons for torque specs cause each person't definition of "snug is different" and you don't want to have spontanious wheel disengagement while traveling down the road. Torqueng the nuts evenly also helps keep you brake rotors from warping, a common problem on these cars. Go out and buy a torque wrench, you will get use out of it if you plan on working on your car, everything has a torque spec.

-Miller

Edit: Also the star pattern is the correct way to tighten them. It ensures even and accurate torque on the nut.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
miller1995 said:
Use a torque wrench and tighten them between 90 and 100 ft. lbs. There are reasons for torque specs cause each person't definition of "snug is different" and you don't want to have spontanious wheel disengagement while traveling down the road. Torqueng the nuts evenly also helps keep you brake rotors from warping, a common problem on these cars. Go out and buy a torque wrench, you will get use out of it if you plan on working on your car, everything has a torque spec.

-Miller

Edit: Also the star pattern is the correct way to tighten them. It ensures even and accurate torque on the nut.
I got a wrench (torque) thanks for the specs!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts