TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 Mark 8, the previous owner told me the trans was rebuilt what I didnt know was the guy who did it was a moron! It died in less than 5k miles. I now had someone competent build me a whole new trans from a new core because the old one wasn't even a good core. Only Problem is the previous guy beat the hell out of the dip stick tube for the transmission. The good guy who rebuilt the new transmission for me said the tube was bent and had a couple cracks in it, so he straigtened and welded it up and then replaced the O ring and siliconed the outside to keep it from leaking. But the leak is slowly coming back. The smell of trans fluid dripping on my catalytic converter is making me sick . So I'm trying to find a good new or used dipstick tube. I found a part number on another site F3LY-7A228-A but unfortunately its discontinued. Is there any other car that uses the same tube? Maybe the 03 Mustang SVT Cobra? Its a 4r70w and a DOHC 4.6?

·
̇
3,701 Posts
The only car that used the Mark VIII Transmission Fluid dipstick tube was the Mark VIII..

The dipstick tube doesn't interchange with any other models..

My suggestion is to grab one off of a 2003-2004 Mustang Mach 1..
Which came with the 4.6L DOHC as well as an automatic transmission..

The mounting points may be different on the Mustang version..So that's something you'll have to address..

I would also measure the length of both tubes..So you can verify at what point your transmission is supposed to be "full"..

You can still get the 2003-2004 Mustang Mach 1 transmission dipstick tubes aftermarket..

Here's a link-->> Mach 1 transmission dipstick tube

The Ford Part Number for the 2003-2004 Mustang Mach 1 transmission dipstick tube is: (3R3Z-7A228-AB) or (3R3Z7A228AB)

Rayo..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts