TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a new 98 Mark VIII its got 50k on it, and I've been going through it. The main thing I dont like is my 93 and 94 with 93 ECU were so much faster. I've already tuned it up, put in a 255lph fuel pump, and a K and N air filter. The next thing I want to do is get that nice firm shift I was used to. Right now you can barely feel the shifts at all. I just had back surgery so I can't lay under the car and take it apart, so what I want to do is find a seperator plate and do all the JMod work to it then give it to my mechanic and have him put it in. At least it will give me something to do and I'll be working on my car sort of. What years interchange? I keep seeing 2000 and up everywhere.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've got a 2001 valve body and plate and the J Mods were already there. I just bought a Superior K0192 plate and the J Mods are already on that plate too, found that plate cheap too just over 20 dollars and it's a bit thicker to handle the removal of the plate that sits under the 2-3 accumulator, it also comes with a button to spread the load of the 2-3 accumulator plate out a bit over the separator plate. If you really want to drill the holes I compared the 2001 plate to a 97 plate and it needs the J Mod isn't done on that plate.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats great do I have to change my valve body to use it? Or can I buy that plate and bolt it to my 98 Valve body?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've got a 2001 valve body and plate and the J Mods were already there. I just bought a Superior K0192 plate and the J Mods are already on that plate too, found that plate cheap too just over 20 dollars and it's a bit thicker to handle the removal of the plate that sits under the 2-3 accumulator, it also comes with a button to spread the load of the 2-3 accumulator plate out a bit over the separator plate. If you really want to drill the holes I compared the 2001 plate to a 97 plate and it needs the J Mod isn't done on that plate.
NO.. you can not use the K0192 or k092 plate on a Pre-2001 valve body. Ford redesigned the valve body for the 2001 model year.

98-2000 valve bodies are similar. 2001 and up are different, even the gaskets are different.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I recently bought a new 98 Mark VIII its got 50k on it, and I've been going through it. The main thing I dont like is my 93 and 94 with 93 ECU were so much faster. I've already tuned it up, put in a 255lph fuel pump, and a K and N air filter. The next thing I want to do is get that nice firm shift I was used to. Right now you can barely feel the shifts at all. I just had back surgery so I can't lay under the car and take it apart, so what I want to do is find a seperator plate and do all the JMod work to it then give it to my mechanic and have him put it in. At least it will give me something to do and I'll be working on my car sort of. What years interchange? I keep seeing 2000 and up everywhere.
I sent you a private message.

·
Registered
5 Posts
NO.. you can not use the K0192 or k092 plate on a Pre-2001 valve body. Ford redesigned the valve body for the 2001 model year.

98-2000 valve bodies are similar. 2001 and up are different, even the gaskets are different.
Thanks for the correction. Just finding this out myself as I troubleshoot my AODE 3 transgo manual shift kit problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts