TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to know if anyone has considering taking a 1997-up 4.6L F150 4x2 M5R2 case and swapping the SC M5R2 guts into it? <B>IF </B>the internals and tailhousing swap over then you would have a 5-speed that has the correct length without having to modify any of case at all.

Rich

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Southern Gear reported the tailshaft housings are interchangeable. 4.6L F150 main case and switch over all other parts. I have a M5R2 but not a 4.6L F150 version.

Rich
 

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
Joined
·
3,067 Posts
Someone in California did this and a member here found the car in a junkyard. Here is the thread with pics.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
359 Posts
Aaron K. said:
Someone in California did this and a member here found the car in a junkyard. Here is the thread with pics.
Having put a T-45 in a 95 LX 4.6 I can tell you that is not a T-45 or any other Mustang tranny. My guess is that it's a M5R2 judging by the length & the size of the shifter box. You SC 5 speed guys would know for sure. I don't know of any other Ford tranny that's long enough to work in our cars without an extension. Are we sure it was a 4.6 car & not an SC automatic with a 5 speed swap using a M5R2? It's hard to tell what kind of console it is. I have an SC console in mine & this one doesn't quite look the same. There's no shots of the engine in the string of pictures. I'm sure by now the car is history by now but it is curious as to what was done to it.
 

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
Joined
·
3,067 Posts
Bymet said:
Having put a T-45 in a 95 LX 4.6 I can tell you that is not a T-45 or any other Mustang tranny.
I know. From what the guys in that thread found, its a M5R2 case from a 4.6 F-150 with SC internals and tailshaft housing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
359 Posts
Aaron K. said:
I know. From what the guys in that thread found, its a M5R2 case from a 4.6 F-150 with SC internals and tailshaft housing.
Now it all makes a lot more sense. Thanks for the update
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top