TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Father gave me a bottle of Zymol liquid wax.

It's as runny as water. I've never seen wax so thin come out the bottle. Only familiar with paste wax and liquid which is thick like cream.

Has this stuff gone bad?

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Did you shake it up real well? Sometimes the stuff settles to the bottom.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I shoke it and shoke it somemore, then I tossed it in the trash.
Threw on a coat of Mothers and admired the shine.

Thanks Florida.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Wasted a good bottle of wax.... it's thin stuff. Lasts longer on the car than most brands.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Zaino is the best, and NXT comes in 2nd. but NXT is about $50 cheaper.

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Rich95XR7 said:
Zaino is the best, and NXT comes in 2nd. but NXT is about $50 cheaper.
NXT is polymer sealant loaded with raw silicone oil though. Not good for your paint.

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
Ive been using NXT every weekend since April, my paint seems fine...:confused:

I prefer the nxt over the 40 dollar thing of zymol i bought, which was a waste of money i think.

my bottle of nxt is almost empty so if you can lead me in the direction of another wax thats really good and shiny thats NOT zaino please inform me, if the NXT will really hurt my paint

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I use Zymol. Yeah it is pretty runny. If the bottle is old it's going to get runny. The bottle was probably old. But a coat of Zymol is actually pretty good stuff... definitely try it sometime. I'm going to claybar mine and put a fresh coat of Zymol on to prepare for the winter.

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Use what you want, it's your paint. Silicone is damaging to paint. It is a cheap quick shine that long term damages the paint. It is used in cheap products to disguise the lack of quality ingredients. Mequires, as an example, makes two levels of products. The Professional Line is a uniformly good product line with a few great products. The consumer product line is uniformly terrible. The mass market (Pep Boys, NAPA, K-Mart, etc.) wants national advertising budgets and a fat profit margin. These costs have to come out of something. The bottles cost the same, so the quality of the ingredients suffer. Raw silicone oil is very cheap, so it is one way to lower the costs.

As an example, if you ever have to have an area repainted that has had silicone on it, the paint will not adhere. Silicone is the main cause of "fish eyes" or areas of improper adherence of the paint. It also displaces the proper emollients in the paint and is the main cause of premature ageing of the paint. Most people call it oxidation of the paint, when in fact it is actually loss of the paint emollient oils.

There is nothing that will totally remove silicone from paint. A product called cat cracker that is designed to remove it, does not work all that well.

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
Are thier "Gold Class" products part of the profesional line al?

ive always been curious to try it.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
dunno.. dun't care.. just ordered Zkit-1, be here friday.. doing it saturday. i have an event @ homestead to go see the 50th anniversary tbird unveiling next wednesday Woot! gotta make the newly painted bird look nice i hope :D

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
AlpineBird said:

ive always been curious to try it.
Not too sure about that. The catalog I have doesn't have them listed as part of the professional line. I think it might be one step below. I use the Gold Class and I LOVE it. My neighbor also uses it on his 32 chevy street rod and he loves it too. Never tried the professional line though.

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
AlpineBird said:
The Gold Class is in the consumer product line. It's watered down Meguiar # 98 Medallion.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
I don't think I'll have a problem getting my new paint to stick......;)

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
I don't think so either. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts