TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is for class at school btw....but i need to know the cylinder head torque, connecting rod torque, and the cylinder head torque sequence.

anybody help me out with that, greatly appreciated.

thanks

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright....i got another question. ive been reading alot on the subject and, for the most part, what i *kind of* understand is that the 5.4 heads will work on the 4.6....is this true? the heads on the motor we are working on are PI heads from the 5.4 and i was thinking of getting them and puttin them on my thunderbird if they will work.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Funny thing there is another thread that is going on right now asking that same question.

5.4 heads on a 4.6?

Pretty much goes like this 2v's yes, 4v's have bigger ports so yea they'll work but wouldn't be the best choice for a street engine.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Funny thing there is another thread that is going on right now asking that same question.

5.4 heads on a 4.6?

Pretty much goes like this 2v's yes, 4v's have bigger ports so yea they'll work but wouldn't be the best choice for a street engine.
yea newbs are always obsessed with the sound of "5.4" vs "4.6"....bigger is better!....NOT!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea newbs are always obsessed with the sound of "5.4" vs "4.6"....bigger is better!....NOT!
what does that have to do with anything?

if your talkin about my asking the question i wasnt asking because they are from a 5.4 i was asking because they are PI....and im not a newb...

thanks Uloset btw

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts

if your talkin about my asking the question i wasnt asking because they are from a 5.4 i was asking because they are PI....and im not a newb...

thanks Uloset btw
was talking about newbs in general who think they will have a killer 1/4mi drag race car if they go with a 5.4 SOHC engine, not you in particular...lol

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts

thanks Uloset btw
well it was my thread and i had maybe the thought in the back of my head since its a bigger displacement it might have better flow. but yes the conclusion is that yes indeed the 5.4 and 4.6 use the same exact heads

1 - 10 of 10 Posts