TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i see the grease hole on top of the ball joint. to be able to grease them are we supposed to add a screw in zirc or is there a special tool to do it? thanks, Dave

·
drag-aholic
1,056 Posts
if they have the blue ball joint boot they should have a zirk fitting. i can't remember if i had to put it in or it if was installed. The other arms with the clearish boot don't have that fitting hole.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine came with the fitting in a small bag inside the box. The fittings just thread into the hole using a wrench/ratchet, nothing special needed.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
son of a ..... the zerk was in the bag, i just hadn't noticed it since i quickly looked at the bag without opening it and saw just the big bolt and instructions. thanks for the help

·
Registered
186 Posts
Pretty big newb here. I'm just curious, how often should I be regreasing these things? I installed the Moogs maybe 5k miles a go. Also how do you know how much grease to put in. Initially I just filled that sucker up. Figured too much grease couldn't hurt, just make a mess :D

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ur right on the the amount of grease. just fill it til it won't take anymore, it'll squirt out the zerk b4 it breaks a seal elseware

1 - 10 of 10 Posts