TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For a while now, my bird has felt like it has knobby tires at really low speeds (has nothing to do with brakes and the bearings are new). Since it happened not long after I had the 3.73 TL built, I thought it might be that. The diff is full.
I called the rear end guy that I've trusted for a year or so now and told him about it over the phone. He said that it sounds like my planetaries are "coming apart". Does this sound plausible or is he pulling my leg?
I was going to take the bird on a trip, but maybe not now...

Darrin or Alan....help!

Allen

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Because there is no difference in that "feel" from before I changed the bearings to after. The axle nut was tightened properly...I promise. ;) . And....the hub assembly that came off the car was still good...I went ahead and put the new ones on, though.

Why do you say that, Darrin? Info please... I gotta trip to take tomorrow and I'm scrambling for information on this. And if you have an idea of why it feels like I'm on superswampers at less than 10 mph, I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
I say that because it isn't what he is telling you it is. I just shortened it to get to the point. LOL
Whatever it is, it isn't that. My bet is that the rear end is not right. That makes the most sense. Go get a 2nd opinion.

Darrin

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
See, that's what I thought, but basically being a dumb*** about transmissions, it's hard to know right from wrong. I'm glad you guys are here. I know Alan has helped me out a ton with my car.
Thanks Darrin. That's what I wanted to know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts