TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about painting my headlights but I've noticed something...

This is how Keith's headlights look...

And this is how Mike V's look...

Both car's headlights have been painted, but why do Keith's look so much darker? Anybody?

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
looks like he painted the wazy part on the insides too. Mine are like that...havent done the corners yet.
-Rob

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
It could partly be the pics/cameras. The bottom pic looks like the cam sensitivity was turned up, or a brighter sun out that day, etc

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yes Keith has painted the lenses and also some of the chrome reflective part too. This was the first bird I seen with painted lights and the reason I painted mine. I dont know for sure but it looks like Mike only painted his lenses. I opted to only paint the reflective pieces in the background. Here is a bad pick but a pick none the less...

They all look good! IMO

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah yes, that's it. I remember Mike telling me he only painted the lenses...never dawned on me til you said that. I think I'm going to do do the reflective and the lenses on mine. I'm kind of leary of the signals, are they extremely hard to get apart?

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the link. I just want to make sure I can do this before I drop all this money into lights and end up screwing them up.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Life as a Gen 1 (93-96) Mark VIII owner gets more and more ironic everyday.

We struggle to see with our low beams on, and it isnt much better with our highbeams on.

Now I find that some T-Bird(my car's cousin) owners are actually PAINTING their headlights?

Man, I would pay a NHTSA agent to go for a ride in my car, on my way to work at 4:30am, and to read the street sign ahead of me.

You guys have no idea how fortunate you are that Ford didnt let Lincoln's design team have lunch with the T-Bird design team!

"I may not be able to see, but I'm haulin' booty!"

·
Registered
615 Posts
I agree with you on how terrible the gen 1 markviii lights are. My buddy has silverstar's for the highbeams. I have caught myself telling him to turn the high's on even when they were.

As for painting the lens, only the sides get painted the parts with the horizontal lines running across them. The reflector in the back is untouched.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Blackicelsc said:

We struggle to see with our low beams on, and it isnt much better with our highbeams on.

Now I find that some T-Bird(my car's cousin) owners are actually PAINTING their headlights?

Man, I would pay a NHTSA agent to go for a ride in my car, on my way to work at 4:30am, and to read the street sign ahead of me.

You guys have no idea how fortunate you are that Ford didnt let Lincoln's design team have lunch with the T-Bird design team!

Sad but so true. My MKVIII is unsafe at night.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Blackicelsc said:

My lights are wayyyy worse then yours; I can put my imaginary money on that!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts