TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Stroked and Blown
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up to all my fellow 3.8 n/a'rs? I have a question for you all. Because our cars are so slow, do any of you actually "hot rod" or drive crazy with your slow @$$ 3.8's? Here's an example: I pulled into this gravel parking lot where there were a bunch of girls and decided to hit the gas really hard and hold the steering wheel all the way to the left to start doing 360's and spitting up gravel all over the damn place. On the road, i swerve in and out of traffic, use passing gear quite often, get on someones @$$ and then just pass them like they are a piece of $hlt. I power braked in in front of a Wawa where a bunch of people were hanging out at. I left college and squeeled wheels hard core and everyone yelled. lol (Its hard to squeel wheels with a 3.8 na so i kind of did it on a turn.) I drive like a maniac. Most people don't know the actual low output on the 3.8 na MN12, so its fun to drive it as if it were a mustang or something. Anyways, i just wanted to know how many of you 3.8 na'rs actually present your car to be more powerful than what it actually is. I do all the time. peace. :zbeer:

·
Registered
329 Posts
get some gears and it will be a lot more fun/quicker.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
well mine isn't that slow any more, but i do enjoy spanking some of the local ricers who think a spoiler and a fartpipe will make thier pos a 12 second car, lol........:D

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Get a high stall in there with some bigger gears and you can have tire smoke on demand as if you were fast car.

And to say the V8s aren't much faster, mine doesn't have much done, but it puts a hole in stock v6s, and even some stock SCs these days. :D

·
Registered
270 Posts
cool dude said:
Whats up to all my fellow 3.8 n/a'rs? I have a question for you all. Because our cars are so slow, do any of you actually "hot rod" or drive crazy with your slow @$$ 3.8's? Here's an example: I pulled into this gravel parking lot where there were a bunch of girls and decided to hit the gas really hard and hold the steering wheel all the way to the left to start doing 360's and spitting up gravel all over the damn place. On the road, i swerve in and out of traffic, use passing gear quite often, get on someones @$$ and then just pass them like they are a piece of $hlt. I power braked in in front of a Wawa where a bunch of people were hanging out at. I left college and squeeled wheels hard core and everyone yelled. lol (Its hard to squeel wheels with a 3.8 na so i kind of did it on a turn.) I drive like a maniac. Most people don't know the actual low output on the 3.8 na MN12, so its fun to drive it as if it were a mustang or something. Anyways, i just wanted to know how many of you 3.8 na'rs actually present your car to be more powerful than what it actually is. I do all the time. peace. :zbeer:
uhh....is this serious

·
Registered
448 Posts
I ran with a modular bird with my essentially stock 3.8L almost all the way through 2nd gear, and I pulled ahead of it from the stop. Just thought I'd share that. ;) The V8s are barely any bit of a 'step up' from the V6 in reality. Just my $0.02.

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
cool dude said:
On the road, i swerve in and out of traffic, use passing gear quite often, get on someones @$$ and then just pass them like they are a piece of $hlt. I power braked in in front of a Wawa where a bunch of people were hanging out at. I left college and squeeled wheels hard core and everyone yelled. lol (Its hard to squeel wheels with a 3.8 na so i kind of did it on a turn.) I drive like a maniac.
dont come back *****ing when you get ticketed for reckless driving.

sounds like you enjoy showing off. characteristic of a ricer IMO. dont do it. get some gears, maybe make your exhaust louder, and that should get you some attention without driving like a fool :)

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
Man I drive crazy all the time. Weave in and out of traffic. Cut people off. There was even this one time I came up on a toll booth on the outskirts of chicago. Traffic was packed, so I sped upto 115mph, slammed it to the right, flew up about 20ft in the air and did a side flip. Rotated it about 5 times and landed safely on the other side of all the cars. It happened too, I swear it!
-Thomas

·
Registered
329 Posts
Thomas said:
Man I drive crazy all the time. Weave in and out of traffic. Cut people off. There was even this one time I came up on a toll booth on the outskirts of chicago. Traffic was packed, so I sped upto 115mph, slammed it to the right, flew up about 20ft in the air and did a side flip. Rotated it about 5 times and landed safely on the other side of all the cars. It happened too, I swear it!
-Thomas

Like this??

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
Yeah.. to step up Thomas, I came up on a bridge one day in New York.. There had been an accident there and cops and paramedics were taking care of business. I would have waited if I didn't have to drop the car off by 7am or have the Detective on my rear. I spotted a ramp truck parked in the right spot so I backed up to the beginning of the bridge and dropped the hammer. Hit the ramp truck and me and my Mustang, which I call Elanor, went flying over the scene. :D

The only downside to all that, when I told my friends about it, they kept telling me they saw something similar in a movie.. :confused:

-Andy "Melon"

·
Registered
347 Posts
That was probably one sick, poorly kept up "modular bird" then.

Having owned both at both ends of the spectrum (89 3.8 and a 97 4.6), it's quite the difference. "Barely a step up" is almost laughable in that case, but I could understand a 97 3.8 with a 4R keeping up with a poorly kept 94 with a weak trans and a steep gear.

Drifting Thunder said:
I ran with a modular bird with my essentially stock 3.8L almost all the way through 2nd gear, and I pulled ahead of it from the stop. Just thought I'd share that. ;) The V8s are barely any bit of a 'step up' from the V6 in reality. Just my $0.02.

·
Stroked and Blown
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
93TbirdSC said:

uhh....is this serious

uhh...yeah. I havnt in a while, but i did. You can powerbrake ANYTHING, you can also get wheel on a TURN with ANYTHING, and you can spin circles in LOOSE GRAVEL with anything. I dunno about getting airborne though, I guess it could be done, if you went about 100mph, up a steep road where it dropped off, you could probably get airborne. lol I just think its funny to make a slow @$$ car look like a f***** race car. lol On the other hand, its not the same thing as a ricer because a ricer actually thinks his/her car is fast, whereas i know mine is a slug. Oh yeah, you can also swirve in and out of cars with anything. BTW, i was drunk as a f***** skunk when i created this thread. peace out all, :D

·
Registered
270 Posts
:leftright

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
heck I've caught air in my bird. It wasn't totally on purpose. But I was about 10mph over the limit and the intersecting road was about 1" higher than the one I was on.
-Thomas

·
Registered
975 Posts
I've done a bit of wild driving before, nothing too crazy, but just having fun. I don't do it to show off or anything. In fact, usually I do it in places where no one is around, thus much less likelihood of cops. I'm very careful about what I do and where I do it.

·
The Parts Guy
7,269 Posts
cool dude said:
I pulled into this gravel parking lot where there were a bunch of girls and decided to hit the gas really hard and hold the steering wheel all the way to the left to start doing 360's and spitting up gravel all over the damn place.
I bet the girls thought that was really cool. :leftright

cool dude said:
On the road, i swerve in and out of traffic, use passing gear quite often, get on someones @$$ and then just pass them like they are a piece of $hlt.
That's a great way to really piss people off, wreck your car, hurt someone else, etc.

cool dude said:
I power braked in in front of a Wawa where a bunch of people were hanging out at. I left college and squeeled wheels hard core and everyone yelled. lol (Its hard to squeel wheels with a 3.8 na so i kind of did it on a turn.) I drive like a maniac.
It sounds like you just started driving. Hopefully you'll mature a little when you get pulled over a few times.

IMHO, it's a lot more fun to make a "f***** race car" look like a "slow @$$ car".

-Rod

1 - 18 of 18 Posts