TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At my local "Yard" they have three mark 8's and all three have their diffs, I plan to get the one that has the lowest miles on it.......and what is the average going price for the whole pumpkin and the Mark 8's aluminum drive line? will the drive line fit in a mn12 without cutting it?

The thing is I have a 1996 merc. coug. with a 3.8 and 4r70w and a 7.5 but I would like to go to the 8.8 and aluminum drive line for modding the car later down the road.

The price that the yard will sell the pumpkin to me for is 60 us dollars and the drive line for only 29 us dollars.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Driveshaft is a no go, the 3.8 has a 1.2 inch shorter driveshaft than the Mark (and V8 94-97 Tbird/Cougar).

I bought an aluminum pumpkin for around 100 bucks, I guess it all depends on what you are after. If you are after one with stock gears (there are various ratios available, no trac-lok equipped Marks VIIIs from the factory) to drop in, that is a good price. If you are looking for the building blocks of new gears and a trac-lok, that is a good price :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
My axle guy is where I would go for the gears, and he also suggested that I don't go with gears over 3.27 or so, since I have the six and still use it about 30 miles daily. I'm leaning towards a Tru trak carrier for it once I can afford one. The drive line if I buy it I know of a well known drive line shop, I might just ask them to trim to fit.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
My axle guy is where I would go for the gears, and he also suggested that I don't go with gears over 3.27 or so, since I have the six and still use it about 30 miles daily. I'm leaning towards a Tru trak carrier for it once I can afford one. The drive line if I buy it I know of a well known drive line shop, I might just ask them to trim to fit.
I had to get my stock DS shortened roughly 5 inches.....cost me $80 bucks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts