TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
could I use a 97 transmission on a 95 mercury or would I have to get another for a 95 I am having trouble on finding one for a 95?

I have found the 96 and 97 merc trans as well as the Lincoln mark 8 trans for our cars.

But could I use a 96 or 97 merc or thunderbird trans instead? I just want to make sure because I don't know if I need to mod any thing

·
Super Moderator
10,760 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
i wasn't trying to be weird or any thing Grog6 I was trying to find that what you helped me with but was getting frustrated with my self on not trying hard enough to find. I do thank you for the help and all kind of wish that it was a sticky to be honest.

for what I understand is use the 95 solenoids for the tcc and the shift solenoids and what is the other keep forgetting that solenoid that is on the side where the shifter lever is.

need to figure out how to swap the wires that hook up to the trans right now I forgot to be honest the location of them been working on a ton of cheveys and drew the blank.

I know I need to have the safety switch needs to be swapped as well as the solenoids. I just need to look around every thing to know to swap and know to change what is needed.

Grog6 I do thank you and am glad for the help it is weird that I got frustrated on my self and never got to thank dDUBb as well

No my name isn't jaremy it is john and I get side tracked a lot and have so many things side things prodjects and work two jobs and help my dad that is going through cancer as well recovering from a accident my self where I almost lost my right arm and left leg.

trying to keep every thing in tracked I get forgetful do to what is been going on and every thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts