TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find out if I'm able to run 18" in the rear and 17" in the front if so what tire size would be best?

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Does your car have ABS? If not you can different height front and rear tires. The rear tires will determine how your speedometer and odometer read in relation to stock height.

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
most folks that want staggered tires try to keep the same height/diameter, but put wider wheel/tires in the back than in the front. As long as the diameter is the same, it won't make any difference as far as the ABS goes

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
Does anybody have any pic on how would this look on a tbird?

17x8 in the front, 18x9 rear.

Tires - 245/45/17 front, 255/45/18 rear

I haven't driven the car lately so I honestly don't remember how far off the speedo is. And for as long as I've had the car, I haven't had any issues with the ABS.

-Melon

·
Registered
195 Posts
Pics are on 1990 35th anny. Supercoupe with front end swap (reciently returned to stock), now on a 1991 Supercoupe. 245/45/17's on 17x9's front and 275/40/18's on 18x10's out back with about a 3" drop all around. I did a gear change and swapped out all the parts to re-calibrate it so I'm not sure how it would have affected the speed-o. I never liked ABS so I swapped it out to conventional, but like they said in earlier posts, as long as the outer diameter of the tire is the same is should work just fine. If you look closely at mine they have roughly the same OD on mine front to rear, just mean a bit taller sidewall on front. but the smaller dia. rim gives it the look of a more aggressive stance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You can usually get away with about 1 inch difference in tire diameter before it starts causing an abs light.

I like the way those look with 18/17 stagger.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have a set of Y2k cobra wheels in chrome, 18s in back and 17s up front . Look at my photo gallery , you will see 2 of my SCs with the wheels on them. I going to sell them if your looking. Im just going back to stock wheels . thanks. DW [email protected]

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why you going back? R u selling or keeping the conversion if so ill buy it of of you and wut its you're suggestion 17 in the back 16 in the front? Or 18 in the back and 17 in the front? Did the 18s rub a lot or wuz it strait? I allso have abs on my 93 5.0 would it work with my abs just wondering before I buy and wut are ur prices 4 the rims ?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks real tuff that's how I want mines to look but I wish I woulnt have to mess with the abs. Did the abs light staid on afta I can't stand watching that light on while I'm driving
Pics are on 1990 35th anny. Supercoupe with front end swap (reciently returned to stock), now on a 1991 Supercoupe. 245/45/17's on 17x9's front and 275/40/18's on 18x10's out back with about a 3" drop all around. I did a gear change and swapped out all the parts to re-calibrate it so I'm not sure how it would have affected the speed-o. I never liked ABS so I swapped it out to conventional, but like they said in earlier posts, as long as the outer diameter of the tire is the same is should work just fine. If you look closely at mine they have roughly the same OD on mine front to rear, just mean a bit taller sidewall on front. but the smaller dia. rim gives it the look of a more aggressive stance.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't know man but that looks bad ass :)verry nice

17x8 in the front, 18x9 rear.

Tires - 245/45/17 front, 255/45/18 rear

I haven't driven the car lately so I honestly don't remember how far off the speedo is. And for as long as I've had the car, I haven't had any issues with the ABS.

-Melon

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
K I get it I had to read back as long as the diameter is the same It'll not affect my abs sorry bout that :O lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts