TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to drop the trans out of my car. For those of you who have done this are the motor mounts enough to support the engine or do I need to block up the bellhousing?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
The motor mounts should be enough for the engine alone.

ON the same note ... i have been beating my head over the new track times, poor, only mustarded a 15.2 with all the new added stuff, where as i was at 15.4 with npi engine. I just thought of something stupid i did. I was changing the tail housing gasket and wanted to support the tranny... WELL i first put the jack on the pan, :zraped: , it started to bend some to i found a new spot on the bell housing. Well i decided since i had the cats down and out of the way ... y not delete the 3rd cat. Well put it all back together and it just didnt feel right. I had totally forgotten aobut the pan/jack combo til a few mins ago. I was sure i hadnt gotten used to the new acceleration this quickly or that the deletion of the 3rd cat made a difference to the neg. I was thinking maybe this thing gonna crap out on me soon.

SOOOOO.... my question is ... with a restricted flow of fluid. What kind of damage can be done to my tranny ... I light accel it feels good ... anything over 50% feels like it bogging down ... so i guessing it can meet the flow requirements for at least light duty til i get all my research and parts for jmod. Im hoping that if my magnet is clean, i had did the torgue convertor upgrade and full fluid flush 3 weeks b4, i should be safe.?

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no I didn't get a speedcal....KD said with the 3.27 a purple gear is all I need. Well the trans is out...the only casualty was the MLPS. I bought a trans jack adapter for my floor jack. Any suggestions on the best method to flush the lines? I have a new rad and cooler. Aaron I think I will take you up on your offer when it comes time to reinstall

·
8,239 Posts
KD is right, the output shaft is accurate up to 3.27 in a tbird.

I thought you ran a steeper gear than that for some reason.

Make sure that you get a magnefine magnetic inline filter to keep the metal out of your new trans.

Bulkparts.com sells the unit you need.

I use a bottle of kooler kleen to clean out the lines.

I get mine from a local shop, but a google search showed a bunch of hits
JH

1 - 10 of 10 Posts