TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a 1993 and I see all kinds of topics with the 94 and up. What kind of headlights will be brighter and whiter than stock? What kind of fog lights should I get that will be brighter also? I went to sylvania website and it gave me 2 different for the low beam and high beam what is that all about?

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
89-93 have 4 bulbs (2 low 2 high), 94-97 only have two (2 dual low/high). Most people are happy with the Sylvania Silverstars.

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
rich, which springfield are you from...MO, MA, etc? i have APC xenon blue lights. the specs are in my sig. i can take pics of them lighted if you want. i also have the fog light bulbs too. i believe they are 30w intead of 15w. i don't notice that much of a difference with those, though. just beware, the lights draw a lot of power. i have an 130amp alternator, 1000ca battery, aftermarket wire harness for the lights, 4 gauge wire from alt to selonoid...and with the heat/ac on, the lights dim and the needle goes down. oh yeah, i have an underdrive pulley as well, so that may be some of the reason!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I live in springfield mo. I have a system in my car and don't really need anymore current draw than I already have.

·
Registered
45 Posts
do not buy silverstar bulbs for the fog lights! you will be unhappy. The light is awsome but they don't last.

I put a set in my car and went through about 4 in a months time. Also my friend has had the same problem with the foglight bulbs.

The silverstar headlights have never givin me any problem.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
What about the silverstar signal bulbs? $50 for all four they better last a while.

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
im happy with the silverstar turn signal bulbs, maybe its the new housings, but they look like a much deeper amber then stock. I love em.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
They don't have the problems the foglights apparently do do they?

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
I want to get some corner bulbs as well, those look pretty cool with the blue/green/purple tint on them. The price is the only thing holding me back...

·
Registered
521 Posts
mint93SC said:
do not buy silverstar bulbs for the fog lights! you will be unhappy. The light is awsome but they don't last.

I put a set in my car and went through about 4 in a months time. Also my friend has had the same problem with the foglight bulbs.

The silverstar headlights have never givin me any problem.
do you have a condensation problem with the fog light housing.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Correct. They have the multicolor tinted glass that good foglamps use to project amber but not show it when off.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts