TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to lower my car maybe like 1"~1.5" not any more than that. I really want to keep my ride and drive seeing as though I drive 25 miles to work one way. What would I need to buy if I lower the car also. Shocks, struts, endlinks.... anything else? I have searched and read about eibachs and tokico blues or something like that. HELP.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
How much you buy pretty much depends on the condition of the components that are already there. I had lowering springs on stock shocks for about 60,000 miles, and then bought my sport shocks and springs. The minimum should be shocks and springs. But before you install, check out the other components, especially the balljoints, upper and lower. You don't need different endlinks unless you go with an aftermarket swaybar.

My suggestion for shocks in your case would be Monroe Reflex shocks, and get the ST springs, they ride pretty smoothly compared to others.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where do I get the ST springs? I have replaced basically the entire front end. New upper and lower ball joints, endlinks, and something else on both sides. The front shocks(struts) whichever it is are stock

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well cool. Thanks man. The spring tech springs are pretty cheap compared to all the others. Are they a good spring.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
So far I haven't heard anything bad about them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts