TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: I just added to my collection of vehicles with a 85 Mazda RX7 1.3L Rotary...i need some troubleshooting help...and the forum i found like this here, for my Coug, is not as organized....(actually no where near as organized) I was wondering if anyone knows anywhere i can get some tech help on a RX-7? Or can answer why a manual trans would have a switch only on its 5th gear and no other gears....In my Haynes book it shows a 5th switch on the trans...what in the world would it do? :confused:

Mods if i'm totally out of line with this Post, then by all means get rid of it....but i am at wits end on finding help with my new toy...I Cant Use 5th Gear!!!! When i shift to 5th, it bucks then i lose all throttle control and drift to a stop...unless i put it back into 4th and wait a few seconds...and its all perfect again.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what i know, it was owned by a RX7 fanatic....hes had it a total of 17 years of its 20 year lifespan....(sold it, wanted it back, so bought it back 3 years later) It runs exceptionally well for a 20 year old car...low miles to me....135,500. The rest of the car is tip top...kept in A/C- Heated building forever.

But an update.....car runs great now....5th gear with no problems....maybe just had some bugs that wouldn't let go...we'll see.

I'll have to get some pics up to fully show the cars pristene condition. Now if only this other forum would let me in...shouldn't take this long...I was on in a couple minutes with TCCoA.

TCCoA = :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts