TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok..

someone asked me if i had the same car as them...

any volunteers?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did you ever find it?

it it right in the middle.

it has a vaccum line to it on the right which goes near the intake and a elec. connector on the left.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dunno, usually if thats bad the car runs liek a pile of ****.

i guess test the mapp by unplugging the connector for a few to see any difference, but i dont think that could be the problem...

your timing could be off too.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no not really....its not absolutly impossible to do...but a timing helps alot...i can get carburated cars timing on pretty good with out the light..but EFI is different.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
find #1 plug and hook the clamp or connect the connector the the wire...

then hook the light up to the battery to get power...

then look down by you harmonic balancer(the pulley underneath your water pump)..there should be a bar with numbers...

ok..now that you have located this....there is an electrical connecter on the dist....un-plug this...this disables the computer advancement...

then once you've done this start the car...and point the timing light down at the numebrs and you should see a mark on the balancers that flashes by some number...

im not sure what the number you have to set it to, but you have to turn the dist. to advance or retard the timing...make sure you dist can be turned before you try...

if you need more help i'll post pics...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks

I think I need the pics I'm trying to figure out which one is th dist.

Thanks anomnity

one
Will

·
Registered
86 Posts
Oh I feel like an idiot. A dist is the ditributer. Duh!!!! I had a brain fart, I'm sorry but thanks anyway.

Aight Then,
Will

One Love Hawaii

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok...

here is the connector...

and the balancer,...the numbers for timing are on teh otehr side...you'll see them once you point the timing light down there...

and i still dont know...but i think its sippose to be set on 8...thats what mine is on at least..it has been awhile since i've timined anything.

and once you connect the connector back it should jump back to 15...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts