TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many horses did the turbo coupes have?????? i would like to someday get my hands on one, i know its going to be a wreck but for a project kinda thing. Thanks

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
CamellionCat said:
how many horses did the turbo coupes have?????? i would like to someday get my hands on one, i know its going to be a wreck but for a project kinda thing. Thanks
Go to the sites I listed.There are always a few for sale on there.They take alot of maintence but are a blast to play around in, espically when you can pull a 5.0 or hang with a new 4.6 GT.But you wont do that stock :D
Chris

·
Registered
27 Posts
All the early TCs, 83-86 were in the 150 hp range... stick and auto.
I love my 86...
319,xxx miles ant will STILL cross the intersection sideways rolling smoke. ;)

Jim

·
Registered
3 Posts
To answer your question

The one's you want were made 2 years, 87-88. 87 5 spd is a LA2, the 88 5 spd is LA3. The difference between the 2, yes it's true, both make 190 hp. The LA2 1st/2nd gear is 15 psi, 3rd, 4th, 5th is 10 psi. The LA3 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th are 15 psi. Another advantage of the LA3 is the fact you can go piggyback on the EEC. Whereas, the LA2, you cannot. Also, that's the only 2 years they intercooled. Motortrends car of the year for 87. Guys on OUR board, turboford.org, some are getting between 400-450 rwhp. Some guys, on the other hand, have been knighted, and are breaking 700, with (get this) the dual over head cam 16 valve hemi volvo head. That's right, volvo head on a Ford Lima engine! Rumor has it 1 guy broke 900, don't know. Want the lowdown, hit the site! Put your ready pants on, sometimes we don't speak english! And, we always harass one another. Always! But, the help to bs ratio is fantastic! Later. 87Coupe.

·
Registered
199 Posts
87Coupe, are you 87Notch on TF?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hickory?! I used to live in Lenoir! Yeah, here's a kick-butt site about the stats on turbos: 87-88 turbo specs. I have an 88 turbo that recently had its brake relays to go on the fritz... can't drive her :(

(sorry to hijack...)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Gnomeville eh??? Thats only bout a buck and a quarter down the road from me...

Be glad its just your ABS relay(s), I just bought a '87 that the ABS pump motor is toast. Gonna have to repl the whole unit...

·
Registered
119 Posts
I hope you know of a place that'll give them to you on the aftermarket scene... I'm having to get the parts from a member from here...

Be glad its just your ABS relay(s), I just bought a '87 that the ABS pump motor is toast. Gonna have to repl the whole unit...

·
Registered
172 Posts
When I lived in WV, it was pronounced Li-mer(as in bean)... LOL :D

Back to reality, its kinda sad there is not more posted here on the TC's. Guess NATO pretty much has a lock on the TC guys... BTW I own three other real TC's, a '87 and two '88s

The one on the left was my daughters.... has since been sold, and I parted the black one(very rusty) but now have a silver TC not pictured..

·
Registered
27 Posts
I haunt and lurk on MANY fox and bird sites... but it does seem that NATO has most of the TC guys posting there.
I only have 2 TCs, my 86 driver with 322K miles... :D and my 84 project car thats getting the turbo V8... still on the fence over 5.0 or 351. Either way... its gonna be carbed.
Nice flock ya have there 50 ;)

Jim

·
Registered
119 Posts
my 86 driver with 322K miles...
WOW. My 88 is at 92K and my relays have been disconnected, so I can cruise again (but it sounds like a small bird is under my hood)! ... does everything still work on your 86??

By the way, did you notice my response from January?

Hickory?! I used to live in Lenoir!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Only thing non functional is the pass side window. After I replace the the window motor she will be 100% :D

Lenoir... not too far away... my Ex works there. ;)

Jim

·
Registered
172 Posts
FOMOGO said:
Lenoir... not too far away... my Ex works there. ;)

Jim
AHHH North Carolina, land of the EX's... I have one in Kinston....

Yea this is definatly off topic, but I couldn't resist... :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts