TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, here goes. My wipers don't retract when I shut them off. This condition on a mark VII would be a bad ground from the wiper to the chasis. Now on the 95 cougar, I am wondering if there are any tricks I should know about to correct this ?

Thanks

·
Registered
238 Posts
Could be a semi frozen joint in the linkage. When on, the wiper motor runs one direction, and when you shut them off, the motor runs the other direction which causes this one joint in the linkage to shift internally. That is the joint closest to the motor. Pull it apart and lube with oil or light grease.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Could be a semi frozen joint in the linkage. When on, the wiper motor runs one direction, and when you shut them off, the motor runs the other direction which causes this one joint in the linkage to shift internally. That is the joint closest to the motor. Pull it apart and lube with oil or light grease.
I just replaced the wiper motor and linkage on my 1997 Thunderbird and I'm QUITE sure that the arm mounted on the wiper motor shaft that causes the linkage to move turns in ONE direction only (clockwise, I believe) - regardless of whether or not the switch is turned on!

Dennis

1 - 3 of 3 Posts