TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now I just came up with this idea bout an hour ago. For the hell of it, i was thinking bout drilling a half inch hole in the pipe right before my mufflers. But my question is, would this make any difference in the sound? And if it does would it make a bad or good difference? I want to do this because i would still have mufflers if i get pulled over, been happening a lot lately.

I am getting a cat back exhaust in about 2 weeks so its not like the sounds going to stay like that for a while. But someone please give me some advice on doing this. I want to know if this is a good or bad idea.

Andrew Z

·
Registered
850 Posts
I wanted to do that same thing when I when I first got my car. After a little reading on here I found its probably a bad idea. It will possibly screw up the flow. Just cut the mufflers off all together if you want it a little louder. Btw, what cat back did you get?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so possibly a bad idea. but how much trouble could i get in for not having any mufflers? I mean on the birds (or at least mine) you cant even see them. And if i do, would that cause any problems with having no mufflers? i mean the mufflers make a good deal of room from where the pipe bends to the turn down. So... what should i do?

i have found a couple. I am just getting out of High School so i dont have the money for a $800+ exhaust. But for graduation depending on how much i get. <B>BIG</B> family. I should be able to tell you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts