TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
On Probation
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have decided to replace the factory 3.27 track lock with The FMS 3.73 unit. The factory one has a howling problem related to a pinion seal failure that was not properly repaired by ford. I have recently added the the A.R.T exhaust system and have notice a loss of torque with the new system. I did gain mph and lower my et but a lot more power comes in in the upper rpm now. I want to lower my et and increase my mph by 3-4/10 and 3-4 mph. I am currently running 14.5 95mph at 3500 foot above sea leavel. The stangs were running 15.1 and the gp sc were runing 15.5-15.6. I want to break into the 13s and mabey low 13 when cooler weather gets here. The temp was 95 degrees. Do you guys think that I will have driveabilty problems with 3.73 gears? Is it possiable to snap the axils? Do you think that low 13 are possiable with this combo and cooler weather?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
The 3.73 will do fine on the highway, and help your ET about .2
You did not list your other mods, so don't know if you have a new torque converter on it. If not, installing one that has a lockup 500-1000 rpm below your peak torque rpm will drop another .2 off your ET. With your full flow exhaust, your boost pressure is most likely down slighty, so another pully on the blower to speed it up, and bring the boost back up should be enough to do it with out any problems if your fuel pump will keep up.

·
Registered
477 Posts
You already broke a 13...

a recalculation of your e.t. shows that you run a 13.87 at 99.17 at sealevel. Just a little reality check. Might make you feel better (althought I know you REALLY want a 13 to flash on the board at your track).

Pat

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
I'd recommend a boost guage if you'er going to do a pully swap. Can't hurt to know just how much boost you really are running.

·
On Probation
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
boost gauge

I have a SC boost/vacum gauge in the dash. I did notice that boost backing up at higher rpms.

·
Automatic Weapon
1,219 Posts
Basicly you need to move out to the coast where the weather is nice, the water is perfect, and E.T.s are lower! ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts