TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went to the dyno today, and they had no way of locking my converter in 3rd. I also hit the speed limiter(no chip) while the HP was still climbing. Should I trust these numbers, or go back with my buddies eec-tuner and lock the converter, and take off the speed limiter to get more accurate numbers. He also did a 2nd pull with the car in 2nd, just so we could get it over 4200 rpms to check the A\F ration up high, which was pretty rich at 11.2 at 5400, and was under 12 from about 3800 and up. I noticed that GB's stock numbers on his '95 were about the same as mine at 4200, so should I expect pretty much the same once my speed limiter problem is fixed. My car is pretty much stock save the Civic tube and dual exhaust, but I'm still using the front 2 factory converters, Jmod, and the 3.08 gears.

My numbers on the speed limited run were: 165.8HP @4200, where the eec shut it down, and 223.4 TQ @ 3440.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Very interesting... I, too, had my T-bird on the dyno today, at JBA Performance in San Diego. My 5 liter put 163.4hp to the rollers at 4200 rpm, and 220 ft-lbs at 3300. The guy running the dyno said he didn't trust the A/F ratios past about 3250 rpm because the sniffer was "blowing out" from the flow, whatever that means... It's interesting that our cars came so close to each other. My car has 115k miles on it, and is stock save for an electric fan, Fire Control ignition box and C4 coil, and a cheep-and-cheerful 2.5 inch crush-bent resonator-back single exhaust capped by a perforated-core "straight-through" muffler. I can't believe it did 160+ while sucking wind through a paper filter and totally stock (I even still have my silencer in place!) intake system...

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I could get past the speed limiter, I should be around 175, but the torque would be the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts