TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Boost Happy
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok now i have some questions from a friend thats from cougarnuts.com he has a 3.8 94 cougar and i really dont like all this planing but i want ur guys sugestios also .
hes thinking about swaping a 5.0 cobra engine and puting twin turbos ,
he wants to know , mainly, will it fit, how much does it cost, what are some other suggestions,
cheaper engines, or should he get one and rebuild and other alternatives.
i told him its not going to be easy or cheap , he needs engine , trans and alot of customizeing
and he says he will run under 10's but i said no way its a heavy car and not with a 5.0 if it happaneds
u need to build the engine forged and what not , and not with a IRS , he needs solid rear end .
post what u guys think or whatever .

Jurgen

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Built lower end, lots of money, track will require you to have solid rear if he's going to be running that fast, which is very possible (even in our few hundred pound more cars) with a TT 302.

-J

·
Koolbreeze
841 Posts
Tell him if he has to ask what it costs or he's worried about it, he can't afford it.
;)

·
Registered
347 Posts
Cougarnuts is just gay.

OKCBird, you've seen how little room the MN-12 chasis has to put a single turbo in the engine compartment, I'm wondering how you can even theorize twin turbos will fit.

It's not going to happen, and I'm certainly not holding my breath for it to originate from Cougarnuts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Oh I know Derek, trust me, which is why I said LOTS OF MONEY. But out of any of the three motors that came in the MN12's the 5.0 would be the most possible, has the most room between the shock towers and engine.

-J

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
Jurgen said:

i just know that if he gets into this it will be aton of work , it would be easier to start with a 5.0 mn12
I have to agree w/ you on starting w/ a 5.0L MN-12, Jurgen. You could easily set up a Vortech supercharger and a reasonable shot of nitrous oxide and get damn good hp and torque numbers. A built motor will definitely be needed whichever way he really goes, especially if he wants to be 'stupid fast.'

heh
stupid fast
:rofl:

** edit**

think about this for a little bit. Get a 5.0L block. Bore the block out....stroke it....all with forged internals....

347 with forged internals
Vortech T-Trim
REASONABLE shot of Nitrous oxide

=

stupid fast

not too hard......

**edit**

·
Registered
134 Posts
It would be great to do that kind of Swap, but unless you have a sh*t load of money and time to invest in your car then i would tell you to just forget it and buy a car already with a 5.0 in it and go with a supercharger>> lot less work and $$$ cause you can do it all yourself and dont need custom headers!!! Just my .02

1 - 8 of 8 Posts