TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing I was planning to do to my T-Bird sometime when Spring ever decides to arrive is add a transmission cooler, now I do have a trans cooler from a Gen2 Taurus SHO, looks like this:

Apparently it was a heavy duty cooler, I was going to put it in my Taurus until I sold it, so I have it lying around.

Would it work? I would assume so at least. Or should I go with another cooler perhaps?

Also, the cooler lines going into the transmission. In about the middle, they are rusted/corroded, I wanted to run all new lines, but I noticed how close the lines are to the exhaust, so using rubber lines might not be too good there.

Any preferred way to run new lines?

Appreciate any help I can get :)

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
I had custom one offs made with 3/8th hard line and a custom hi temp racing flex hoses in the middle of the plumbing to snake over the k member near the exhaust. Dirty dog bent the line and a shop made the hoses. NIce cooler.

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
I think the SHO Cooler work fine.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
ford should have put those on ever single Taurus... they might have had less failures :D

looks like a nice decent size tank style, so yeah, it would work fine for anything. much better then the tube/fin junk. as long as it fits in the airdam i would definitely install it. and since the trucool max fits. you shouldn't have any problems.

makes me want to head back out to the U-Pull-It and grab the cooler off this SHO they have lying around. crazy its still their and someone hasn't yanked the yamaha intake off it yet.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
If your worried about heat on your lines. Summit and Jegs sells heat shield tubing for wires and lines.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Agreed. I just didn't know how most people ran their lines. I've heard of using the fittings that have the hose adapter into the trans, then to the radiator, then to the aux cooler, then back to the trans. I want to replace all my hard metal lines since it's rotted to hell, and I am sure they'll fail eventually. Or should I do hard line up to a certain point, and then go rubber?

Or does someone sell something similar to what I described? Also, I hate using flare tools. I suck at those lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts