TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i done a search here and abroad , and have yet too find what i am about to ask . i have a 4.6 with a rod knocking { tube under the intake let go then the intake cracked caused it too over heat and spin a rod } out of a 95 police spec vic . it belongs to a friend , and he bought the 97 npi i had awhile back too replace it .the heads are later castings f5 ae or something like that , and i'm going to look and see if they are for sure the ones recommended to swap too , and that they are useable . but my question are : 1. is the upper plenum taller than my oe one on my 95 ? read somewhere about vic upper plenums being a little taller than others , don't 'member it saying what years . { yes i know with my " junk " aluminum intake it isn't gonna help much !!! } and jon keeps saying it's got a 68mm throttle body . is he mistaken and it's a 70 mm or did as too what i can find , they all come with 65 mm tb's ??????????????????? i got the buckets of parts home , fuel rails etc. but have yet too get the engine home , but is there anything worth snagging for future use on the bird . nope i won't scrap it unless it's got cracks in the block . either i or someone else may have a use for it someday .....................:D

1 - 1 of 1 Posts