TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way where I can just buy the tubes? I don't want the drone of the 40 series, I want the 50 series. Also, when installed, do the mufflers look like they stick out, or is it like the stock setup, where its mostly hidden?

·
Registered
498 Posts
My mufflers (40 series dynaflow), and they are hung in the stock position, except I got chrome tips hangin out.....I think it looks pretty darn good. I can take pics if you want. As far as pipes...*shrug* beats me....

·
Registered
195 Posts
WaLieN,
If you go to Ledsma's muffler in south Chula Vista they can build you a sweet dual set-up for about $440. including the two flowmasters. They tucked it up really nicely and it sounds really good. I wish i had a picture i could post. I live in san diego also so if you want to check my exhaust out send me an email

·
Registered
663 Posts
flowmaster catback

I have the flowmaster cat back. They tuck up under like the factory. There are two mounting hangers. i used the upper hanger so I can just see the bottoms of the mufflers and the tips exit just below my rear bumper. If you only want to see the tips, cut off the upper hanger and use the lower. Sounds great outside the car, and with the windows down. If the windows are up, it has a LOUD drone when giving a little throttle around 25 -35 (1300 to 1800 RPM). The drone drives me nuts. I thought about purchasing the resonator to kill the drone, but I don't want to plug up my exhaust with any more restrictions than necessary. I love the sound when I thorttle it, everybody turns to look, but I hate the drone. I even removed the mufflers when adjusting the system and took a trip down the road. It still had a loud drone as well as nasty (good nasty) sounding exhaust note, but was WAY too loud.

B

1 - 5 of 5 Posts