TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the stock violin case on my bird and was wondering if I could mount a conical filter right before the MAF. If so, what size can I use and what parts would I need to do this.

I know its been asked plenty of times due to search, but I don't know what procedure to take. Is there a link or anything for me?

I already looked into mounting it under the box, I don't wanna do that. I don't have the time, plus I just want a little cosmetic look for my car. I've also read about the oily residue gettin on the MAF, but I'm not to worried cause some of my buds run them with MAFs. NO problems.

But anyways, do they make a heatsheild for the car or do you gotta make it yourself??

TIA

·
Registered
376 Posts
razzibird said:
I have the stock violin case on my bird and was wondering if I could mount a conical filter right before the MAF. If so, what size can I use and what parts would I need to do this.

I know its been asked plenty of times due to search, but I don't know what procedure to take. Is there a link or anything for me?

I already looked into mounting it under the box, I don't wanna do that. I don't have the time, plus I just want a little cosmetic look for my car. I've also read about the oily residue gettin on the MAF, but I'm not to worried cause some of my buds run them with MAFs. NO problems.

But anyways, do they make a heatsheild for the car or do you gotta make it yourself??

TIA
I used the filter housing and air intake tube from a 2000 Mustang GT with a K&N cone filter. I shortened the snorkel and just pushed it into the pipe coming up from the fender. Works great! No heat problems. http://intranet.scu.mb.ca/dvandale/000_0510.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts