TCCoA Forums banner

quick easy question...

479 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Spidey2721 
#1 ·
Can the oil pump be replaced with the engine in the car. 94 with 4.6. Also if so what if anyhting else needs removed to get it out?

Later,
jay

#2 ·
i have no idea if a 4.6 is like any other motor ive worked on but... i know on a 350 and a 351... you have to take off the pan, and then unbolt the pump, and replace...not that hard if you ask me, but it all depends on if the pan can come out of the car without the engine taken out..

#7 ·
to do this you'd have to pull the belt off, drain the oil, the crank dampener, the front timing cover, and you'd have to mark and remove the cam chains and crank sprocket, drop the front of the oilpan and remove the two bolts holding the oil pickup onto the pump, and then it should come right out. it can be done but would be easier if you just lifted the car, attached the engine securely to an engine hoist, and lowered the crossmember to access the oilpan instead of wrestling around the crossmember. I have taken these engines apart, but not in the car, so i'm trying to visualize the easiest method. I hope this helps some.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.