TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, changing the fuel filter, and the side closest to the engine i cant get out. the side toward the trunk came right out but the engine side didnt, does that side just pull out too and it isnt coming?

·
Super Moderator
9,255 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im going to have to go with no lol. this tool would be? and if i dont have the tool can i use something else?
the one side like i said faceing the trunk came right out. the side facing the engine doesnt, it can rotate but wont come out

ps gas drys the crap outta your skin lol

·
Super Moderator
9,255 Posts
You slide the ring over fuel filter between the end of the fuel line and the filter with the long side towards the fuel line (IIRC) and press it inside the ring at the end. There is a spring inside that holds the filter in place that needs to be expanded by the tool so it will let loose.

There really isn't anything else you can use to do the job; at least... nothing I'm aware of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKgQJ-RinXc Same tool, same connection, just on a/c.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmm cool... well thanks man. prlly hook it back up and go get one. and thanks for the vid. makes it real easy

i appreciate the quick response

·
Super Moderator
9,255 Posts
Yeah, the one in the video I already had and used on my a/c when I rebuilt it but it didn't have a small enough "circle" for the fuel filter. I had to buy the $10 plastic kit at autozone (like in the link) to get the right size; it was either the light blue or gray one in the package.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright thanks man

1 - 7 of 7 Posts