TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to double check with others here which hose to the heater core is the inlet and which is the outlet, is the hose from the valley under the intake manifold to the core the inlet or outlet? Is the hose from the core to the manifold the inlet or outlet.

I'm installing a coolant inlet flow restrictor with my new heater core so I don't want to mess this up. :rolleyes:

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Is the hose from the core to the manifold the inlet or outlet.

Chris I belive that is the inlet . Not 100% sure

·
Super Moderator
9,248 Posts
I was under the impression that the coolant flows top to bottom - in the top of the and out the bottom.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the correct name for the tube under the intake the "heater return tube" or something like that??? If so, that pretty much answeres your question. The hose that connects to this tube under the intake would be the core outlet.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so put the restrictor between the manifold and the core?

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought that was the case thanks for all the responses.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
also do the hoses go in a certain order? lol I assume it wouldn't really matter.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If I'm standing in front of the car the short tight S shaped hose goes on the left and the larger S shaped hose goes on the right? Or do I have this backward again...

What a long day......

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
It doesnt matter. You pretty much cant mess it up if you match the hoses to your old ones. Pull them off one at a time and compare their bends.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It doesnt matter. You pretty much cant mess it up if you match the hoses to your old ones. Pull them off one at a time and compare their bends.
unfortunately the heater hoses have been removed for the past few months so I can't match which goes where.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Looking at the firewall, the heater outlet on the left goes to the metal tube, and the one on the right goes to the intake manifold.

Al

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Al.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts