TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still have that crazy squeaking sound coming from the driver side. I replaced the tension strut bushings with Ford OEM parts, still noise. I have decided it is probably either the control arm to frame or control arm to strut bushings that make the noise, so I am going with new control arms. So, my question is:

Ford
Moog
TRW
Mevotech

Which of these should I get? Rock Auto has good prices, Mevotech being the best at $110.88 including shipping. Is it a trustworthy brand? I have never heard of it, personally...

Thanks!
Mark
1995 LX 4.6

·
Super Moderator
12,551 Posts
Here are the prices and some good info from my front end rebuild.

See post #7 of THIS THREAD.

There's some good info on LCA's in THIS THREAD. I also bought mine from Advance Auto.

I recommend the TRW (they're the same as Ford) LCA's for the Super Coupe. Last time I checked they cost less thant the ones listed for the LX, they're OEM, and they're supposedly firmer than the LX LCA's.

They're also the one's I have on my car. :D

·
Administrator
8,216 Posts
The TRW's aren't available from Advanced anymore.

I was looking for them at the end of the summer, and found nothing on the website. I sent an email and the only TRW parts they have available are the UCAs.

I'd check with Jon (93 LX), he found a Ford set for me. A little more money too.

Joe

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Here are the prices and some good info from my front end rebuild.

See post #7 of THIS THREAD.

There's some good info on LCA's in THIS THREAD. I also bought mine from Advance Auto.

I recommend the TRW (they're the same as Ford) LCA's for the Super Coupe. Last time I checked they cost less thant the ones listed for the LX, they're OEM, and they're supposedly firmer than the LX LCA's.

They're also the one's I have on my car. :D
I heard the SC LCAs have a different shock bushing size? I may be wrong.

·
Super Moderator
12,551 Posts
Meh, where'd you hear that? I put em on my car with no problem.

·
Super Moderator
12,551 Posts
It's not the size of the shock bushing but the stiffness of it.
:uppoint:

lol. That's what she said.

Yea, the SC LCA's are suppose to be firmer/stiffer than the LX LCA's.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
I have seen SC LCAs and its shock bushing and I can tell you it is noticeably larger than the LX style and the bolt hole looked the same as the lx. I was wondering if anyone bought these SC style LCAs recently and where.

·
Administrator
8,216 Posts
Advance shows one MOOG LCA for the SC and LX. I believe its in the low $70s. The TRW SC LCA used to come with strut rod bushings. What is the parts counter charging for SC lowers?
It fits the SC but it's not the SC LCA. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I read here or over at SCCoA that the SC LCA was available from Ford or TRW only.

The lowers I got from Jon were about $100 each.

Joe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts