TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats is an IAC??? what does it do and where is it located at on a 91 thunderbird 3.8Lnon sc??? and does anyone have an idea about how much it will cost to replace it???

Thanks
Jay

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HAHA thanks man for tellin me what it is....and not confusing me...by any chance do u know where it is located at on my car...its a 91 t-bird 3.8L non sc

thanks again
Jay

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok 1 more question....well hopefully last one anyways :)....ok is it called a IAC sensor?? just so i know what to ask for when i call auto zone or whoever i call

thanks again
Jay

·
Administrator
8,694 Posts
I've also seen it called an idle speed control sensor. On the 3.8 it's located on top of the throttle body, almost looks like a small tranny! Not sure exactly what it does, but if your idle is lower than it should be or jumping up and down this is usually the culprit.

Joe

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok is it black and bout 3-4 inches long and has a spring on the inside of it....and a sticker that says do not adjust spring on it and 2 screws hold i down???

IM DUMB WHEN IT COMES TO THIS STUFF SO PLEASE BARE WITH ME YOU GUYS

Thanks alot
Jay

·
Registered
538 Posts
Generally...

Ford calls it Idle Air control Sensor...But every after market place will have
some differnt name for it, but it will be similar enough to let them know what your talking about....They will know what you want

BeirutsFinest

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
It makes fine adjustments to the idle (fast idle when cold, A/C compressor on, slower idle when warm, etc.)

Hope that helps a little.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks man...do you know what a TPS sensor is and where it is located at on a 91 t-bird 3.8L non sc???

thanks again
Jay

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok well thanks man ur been a big help

gues i need to buy a book on my car

thanks again everyone that helped
Jay

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
They're both on the throttle body... which is which, I couldn't tell you.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok well i know the idel air control sensor or the idel speed control sensor whatever you prefer to call it is located ontop of the throttle body..so my guess is that the TPS sensor is the little thing on the backside of the throttle body???

Jay

1 - 13 of 13 Posts