TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright im moving my battery to the trunk i just bought a battery box and a push/pull battery disconnect.

i know to ground the battery in the trunk and run a zero gauge battery wire to the starter.

now my question is do you have to ground the engine block also or is it grounded from factory?

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts
The engine block ground wire (from the battery) is attached to one of the drivers side motor mount bolts that is nutted. I like to weld a bolt to the uni-frame under the trunk area and use that as the battery ground and then another on the uni-frame near the motor and branch off from there for the engine ground. Installing the push/pull knob inside one of the taillights works well btw.

-Scott

·
The Parts Guy
7,304 Posts
FYI, still no problems to report with that setup. If you need any pics/info, feel free to ask.

·
Super Moderator
10,577 Posts
Is that an aluminum plate across the back seat area?

Is that something you would make? :)

BTW, I recognize that cross brace; those really make a difference. :thumbsup:

·
The Parts Guy
7,304 Posts
It's an aluminum firewall, to meet NHRA rules.

I could make another, but I can't say I'd be to excited about pulling mine back out to make a pattern. Material and shipping wouldn't be cheap either. You'd also need a custom V-brace to support it. It's something I can do, but it would be awhile before I could get to it.

·
Super Moderator
10,577 Posts
It's an aluminum firewall, to meet NHRA rules.

I could make another, but I can't say I'd be to excited about pulling mine back out to make a pattern. Material and shipping wouldn't be cheap either. You'd also need a custom V-brace to support it. It's something I can do, but it would be awhile before I could get to it.
I understand; it was a thought. :)

I'm not going to put the rear seats back in Lazarus, so I'm looking at options...

·
The Parts Guy
7,304 Posts
any tips on drilling threw the taillight?
Just use light pressure and medium speed. If you have a drill press, I'd recommend using it rather than a hand drill.

and were is the best place to groung the battery in the trunk?
See the thread Dr. FrankenCougie posted above.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts